Sunday, March 17, 2013

I want to be a character in God’s story. Not an author of my own.



::The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.:: Proverbs 16:9

Hi friends. Thanks for some of your encouragement on getting my rear in gear, I'm happy to be writing again. I wanted to start tonight with sharing one of the things God has been teaching  me lately-- pull back on the reins…and let Him lead. It kind of goes hand-in-hand with my last post, but I still wanted to share my thoughts with you.

It’s so easy for me to forget that God is in control of my destiny. Living in the world that I do, moving from one thing to another every day of the week, I un-knowingly try to take the wheel more often than I think.  I lose sight of following in God’s footsteps and start trying to make my own footprints. I think it’s a combination of pride, thinking I can conquer the day alone with my own wisdom, along with my desires becoming more important to me than the will of God. I don’t necessarily intend for that to happen, but I feel like sometimes I’m constantly sprinting down my path instead of taking time to walk, and when I don’t walk, I end up not walking with the Lord as closely as I would like. I get caught up in distractions of my life and of this world.  I want to continue to let go of that pride and humbly come before Him and give him the paper and pen for my life. When I do, so much more joy, peace and love come out of me… because of Him. Not because I am TRYING to be joyful, peaceful or loving…but because it’s a natural overflow of how I feel inside when I seek His wisdom and comfort. Why wouldn’t I want the perfect God of the universe writing my story? I am sure that it would have a lot less red marks than the one I try to write for myself.

I encourage you to seek the face of the Lord in whatever decisions you make from the moment you rise in the morning to the moment your head hits the pillow. I encourage you to pray through your day to ensure the Lord is guiding it along. Although it sometimes is extremely easy, we shouldn’t get so caught up and distracted with trying to determine our own destiny and worrying about our own desires. I feel like sometimes we think that because God is not giving us what we want in our timing, we have to try to find what we want on our own. We take the reins. Nope. That’s exactly the opposite of what God wants us to do, he wants us to trust Him and trust His timing. We are here for His purpose, not to fulfill our own purposes.

::Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. :: Proverbs 19:21

I want to be a character in God’s story. Not an author of my own. I pray you desire the same.

Have a beautiful evening, friends. 

::For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.:: Isaiah 55:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment