Monday, April 18, 2011

Why did the chicken cross the road?

I know, I started a blog and then didn’t write in it for a few months. My bad folks; I have just been so busy and have chose to give other things my time. But, hopefully now that I am all moved and beginning to get settled in the new place, I can jump back on this blogger bandwagon.

Even though I haven’t been writing, I have definitely been thinking (surprise, surprise, right?). I have put some thought into what I wanted to chat about next. After closely observing miscommunication…well, technically misunderstanding many times over these past few months, I decided to write this blog post about humor. Funny right?

I believe everyone on this earth has a sense of humor. I think we determine if it’s a ‘great’ sense of humor off of whether or not we get that person’s humor or not. Many times we don’t and then we get caught up in that whole first impression thing. I’ve noticed that often times instead of taking that step further to try to get it, we stop. We judge. Get offended. And maybe even gossip. All because we didn’t get it.  

Can we all get our feelings hurt or become offended due to someone’s sense of humor? Sure. It’s happened many times in my life. Humor can often be mistaken. But next time, try not to take is as personal and take a next step further to try and actually get it.

Give it a try this week. Make it an effort of yours to focus on understanding the people you interact with senses of humor. You might be surprised on how many doors it opens for you to dig a little deeper into their life. Who knows, it could even result in a new or stronger friendship with someone in which God is using you to work though.

Don’t force yourself to find them hysterical. To you, they may not be. Don’t force yourself to agree with their humor, you might not.  But give it a shot.

Everyone deserves a chance, right? After all, God gave us one through his Son and we didn’t even deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment